Water pump

Post general information and issues that will be of interest to all members here
Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (259487)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 02 Apr 2019 02:16

I’ve been having the same problem. ?Last outing, even with a full fresh tank the system lost pressure when I manually turned the pump off.Suspecting a leaky bladder, I had to remount the accumulator (pressure) tank to get a tire gauge on it. ?No problem found.Read some posts and concluded maybe the water pump internal check valve is leaking, allowing water to backflow through the pump.l dissipating pressure.Just got a check valve I ordered to install in line with the pump on the tank side to to if it fixes the problem. ?Will report results.Other ideas gratefully received.Jed S1998 Monaco Windsor 36’Sent from my iPhone On Apr 1, 2019, at 6:24 PM, dleeadkins@... [Monacoers] wrote:
?

My fresh water pump is not picking up any water when my tank gets to half full. Any ideas? Donald A. 2002 Monaco Windsor PKDD
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 02 Apr 2019 02:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Transfer from Yahoo Group Post

Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (259488)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 02 Apr 2019 04:22

Donald,Probably a tired water pump. I just replaced our 13 year old Surflo pump that was mounted under the gray tank near the output of the fresh water tank. The original pump was in a terrible location and almost impossible to work on. The check valve in the pump had started giving trouble and gave us a good excuse to upgrade.I knew that there is a lot of unused space above the gray and black tanks on our coach because we have had the white panel off about three times. We decided to put a new Remco 55AquaJet-ARV pump on the ceiling of the compartment and cut down the white panel so the pump, latching relay, system heat thermostat, and the water hose reel would be accessible without removing the panel. Now the only reason that the panel would need to be removed is to replace the SeeLevel sensors. We were concerned about the new pump picking up the water when mounted two feet above the fresh tank so called Remco and was informed that the pump would self-prime at up to 15 feet above the water source. We proceeded with that plan and it works great.Bob Nodine2006 Diplomat 40PDQnear Knoxville TN***************************************************************************************************************************My fresh water pump is not picking up any water when my tank gets to half full. Any ideas?Donald A.2002 Monaco Windsor PKDD
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 02 Apr 2019 04:23, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (259490)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 02 Apr 2019 05:38

There is a filter at the pump inlet that could be dirty.Are you saying the water pump works fine when the tank is below half full? If that is the case, then I don't know what is going on. The water pump is fed off the bottom of the fresh water tank.?Mike S.2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 02 Apr 2019 05:39, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (259498)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 02 Apr 2019 08:55

Donald AHas it always been that way?Has someone been tinkering with the pump or the plumbing?I ask because "the hand of man" is a common cause of problems.Mel S'96 Safari---In Monacoers@yahoogroups.com, wrote :My fresh water pump is not picking up any water when my tank gets to half full. Any ideas? Donald A. 2002 Monaco Windsor PKDD
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 02 Apr 2019 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (259516)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 03 Apr 2019 01:24

I don’t think it has always been this way. Have not used the fresh water pump much since I bought the coach in December. You are on to something though! I did replace the water pump. It was an Aquaflow 5.3 gpm/65 psi. It was original dated 2001. I thought I should replace it. I purchased one on Amazon. I talked to Remco Aquajet yesterday. He thinks I have a leak on the inlet side allowing air in. I did have fitting on that side that didn’t act right. They are a 90 deg 1/2 inch barbed to 1/2 pipe thread. I could not find the exact one that is there now but I found one made by Sureflo. I get those tomorrow. I am hoping that is the problem. I’ll update you.?ThanksSent from my iPad On Apr 2, 2019, at 12:20, stuplich@... [Monacoers] wrote:
?

Donald AHas it always been that way?Has someone been tinkering with the pump or the plumbing?I ask because "the hand of man" is a common cause of problems.Mel S'96 Safari---In Monacoers@yahoogroups.com, wrote :My fresh water pump is not picking up any water when my tank gets to half full. Any ideas? Donald A. 2002 Monaco Windsor PKDD
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 03 Apr 2019 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (259518)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 03 Apr 2019 03:14

Thanks Bob. ?Did youMove the hose reel? Or has it always been in that position? Your pump and accumulator are in the same position where my hose reel currently resides. I like the idea of removing the top portion of the vanity panel.?Also, is it safe to assume the light blue pex is your work? ?All of my pex is white.?It’s always interesting to see how differently the wet bay is laid out in the “same” coaches! I’ve opened that compartment a few times when fixing the hose reel and one stuff and it is laid out very differently than yours.?Steven Parvin has the exact same coach and floor plan as me (2006 Dip 40DST), built just a few months apart, and his is laid out differently, also.?Thanks for your help. This will be very useful. I’ll also add the permanent water filter, which I don’t currently have... ?I use a portable Camco filter.?Scotty H.2006 Diplomat 40DST / 2017 GMC Canyon,?Marietta, GA On Apr 3, 2019, at 9:24 AM, Lee dleeadkins@... [Monacoers] wrote:
?

I don’t think it has always been this way. Have not used the fresh water pump much since I bought the coach in December. You are on to something though! I did replace the water pump. It was an Aquaflow 5.3 gpm/65 psi. It was original dated 2001. I thought I should replace it. I purchased one on Amazon. I talked to Remco Aquajet yesterday. He thinks I have a leak on the inlet side allowing air in. I did have fitting on that side that didn’t act right. They are a 90 deg 1/2 inch barbed to 1/2 pipe thread. I could not find the exact one that is there now but I found one made by Sureflo. I get those tomorrow. I am hoping that is the problem. I’ll update you.?ThanksSent from my iPadOn Apr 2, 2019, at 12:20, stuplich@... [Monacoers] wrote:
?

Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 03 Apr 2019 03:15, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoo_Upload

Water pump (265094)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 30 Nov 2019 09:30

Can you please advise where I start with finding out why my sur Flo water pump on my 07 Diplomat lost power.? I can't get under the to see if power is getting to pump. The fuses are ok. What next. Relays etc TIA Joel S07 DiplomatDW JoaneeCece the Shishon? shitzu bishon? mutt....
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 30 Nov 2019 09:31, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (265095)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 30 Nov 2019 10:41

JOELDisconnect the electrical to the pump and check for voltage. ?I had two sur Flo pumps fail.JACK & BETTY11 DIP / 14 CRVSent from my iPad On Nov 30, 2019, at 5:30 PM, jonjaye jonjaye@... [Monacoers] wrote:
?

Can you please advise where I start with finding out why my sur Flo water pump on my 07 Diplomat lost power.? I can't get under the to see if power is getting to pump. The fuses are ok. What next. Relays etc TIAJoel S07 DiplomatDW JoaneeCece the Shishon? shitzu bishon? mutt....
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 30 Nov 2019 10:42, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (265097)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 30 Nov 2019 12:28

JOELYour water pump is in the wet bay. ?There is a power line to the pump, there should be a plug in this line, unplug it and the use a meter on the coach side of the line. ?Make sure you have the pump switch on and the pump lights are on. You should see 12 volts, if so the pump is bad. ?If you don't have voltage then your latching relay is bad.FORMER OWNER OF AN 07 DIPJACK & BETTY11 DIP / 14 CRVSent from my iPad On Nov 30, 2019, at 5:30 PM, jonjaye jonjaye@... [Monacoers] wrote:
?

Can you please advise where I start with finding out why my sur Flo water pump on my 07 Diplomat lost power.? I can't get under the to see if power is getting to pump. The fuses are ok. What next. Relays etc TIAJoel S07 DiplomatDW JoaneeCece the Shishon? shitzu bishon? mutt....
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 30 Nov 2019 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Yahoo_Upload

Re: Water pump (265100)

Post by Yahoo_Upload » 30 Nov 2019 14:16

Good suggestions.? You can also do an old Indian trick.? Run a piece of #14 wire the pump POSITIVE (temporary connection) over to the House Bank or wherever you have 12 VDC.? The Latching relay, memory says, is a 10 amp service.? That is why some of the folks that upgraded to the AquaJet (Remco) have used a relay as some of them need 15 amps.? ANYWAY
.run a temporary service from the Positive of the House Bank to the pump lead.? Tap it or connect it with a screwdriver or such so you can make it temporary.? Put 12 VDC to the pump motor.? IF it comes on and runs
.then the issue is UPSTREAM in the pump relay.? IF it does not work
.you need a NEW pump. ?NOW
.there will be more opinions on this than the “discussion” of the impeachment
.and that is APOLITICAL
.just that are MANY opinions. ?I recommend the AquaJet Remco RV55.? Amazon usually has them in the $150 range.? That is a wonderful replacement. ?Good luck. ?Tom Cherry (Tom C.)2009 Camelot 40 DPQ2014 Yukon ?From: Monacoers@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2019 9:28 PMTo: Monacoers@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [Monacoers] Water pump ?? JOELYour water pump is in the wet bay. ?There is a power line to the pump, there should be a plug in this line, unplug it and the use a meter on the coach side of the line. ?Make sure you have the pump switch on and the pump lights are on. You should see 12 volts, if so the pump is bad. ?If you don't have voltage then your latching relay is bad. ?FORMER OWNER OF AN 07 DIPJACK & BETTY11 DIP / 14 CRVSent from my iPadOn Nov 30, 2019, at 5:30 PM, jonjaye jonjaye@... [Monacoers] wrote: ? Can you please advise where I start with finding out why my sur Flo water pump on my 07 Diplomat lost power.? I can't get under the to see if power is getting to pump. The fuses are ok. What next. Relays etc TIA ? ? ?Joel S07 DiplomatDW JoaneeCece the Shishon? shitzu bishon? mutt....
Last edited by Yahoo_Upload on 30 Nov 2019 14:17, edited 1 time in total.